Committed to better energy, over 98,000 employees help throughout the world to provide the Group’s customers with products and services that are safer, more affordable, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to the greatest number of people.
TotalEnergies puts Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at the heart of its activities and conducts its operations according to the following principles of:
- protecting the safety and security of people and its facilities;
- limiting its environmental footprint;
- ensuring that its Code of Conduct is applied in its sphere of operations;
- incorporating the challenges of sustainable development in the exercise of its activities;
- increasing its local operations by placing dialogue with its stakeholders at the heart of its policy and contributing to the economic and social development of the regions where the Group has operations with the objective of creating shared value;
- promoting equal opportunities and fostering diversity and cultural mix among its personnel.
A profile of CNOOC Limited
TotalEnergies and CNOOC Limited partnering for oil development in Uganda
About the Uganda National Oil Company
Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) was established under Section 42 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and Section 7 of the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream Storage) Act, both of 2013. UNOC was incorporated under the Company’s Act of 2012 as a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. Its overall function is to handle the State’s Commercial interests in the petroleum sector and to ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.