Master’s scholarships in France (academic years 2023-2024 and 2024-2025)
Call for applications - Master’s scholarships in France (academic years 2023-2024 and 2024-2025)
To encourage student mobility between Uganda and France, as well as academic excellence, the Embassy of France in Uganda and TotalEnergies Uganda (TEPU) are partnering to fund three cost-sharing Master’s scholarships.
The Embassy of France in Uganda and TotalEnergies are committed to funding three Master’s scholarships (academic years 2023-2024 and 2024-2025) in France.
Important : the degrees prepared (Master 1, then Master 2 if successful in the first year) are delivered 100% in English.
The start of the academic year will be in September and according to a timetable that will be specified to the shortlisted candidates.
Be a Ugandan national Not be older than 28 years at the time of application Be studying or have studied in a field of study relevant to the disciplines covered by the programs (see below) Be a graduate of a Ugandan higher education institution and have obtained excellent grades (GPA A: 80-100) in their last degree The knowledge of French would be a plus
Level of study
Bachelor’s or preferably Master’s degree, with diploma obtained or in progress at the time of application.
Fields of study
Agronomy, agricultural engineering.
The application form can be downloaded here : Application form.
Admissibility of files
DEADLINE: Applicants are requested to send their application in electronic format before 14th May 2023 (midnight).
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: [email protected]. The title of the e-mail message must include the candidate’s first and last name.
An acknowledgement of receipt of the complete application will be sent by e-mail.
To be considered complete, the e-mail must include the following documents:
- Application form filled-in
- Motivation letter from the candidate (1 page maximum) specifying the adequacy of the training aimed at with the professional project
- Letter of recommendation from a Professor at current or former University
- Academic file: copies of diplomas and signed University transcripts starting from the first year of the course
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Identity document
- If applicable, a diploma attesting to the candidate’s level of French (TCF/Eva Lang/DELF/DALF)
- 15th - 26th May 2023: A joint Selection Committee will examine the applications (only eligible applications and complete dossiers will be considered).
- 29th - 31st May 2023: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Embassy of France for an interview.
- 2nd June 2023 : Candidates will then be informed by email of the outcome of their application
Details of the scholarships offered
The scholarship program offers the following benefits:
- Status of "France Excellence Scholarship Holder" (and related benefits)
- Accompaniment by the French Embassy prior to traveling to France (visa application procedure, preparation to departure, etc.)
- A return air ticket for the duration of the Master’s program
- Payment of a monthly allowance covering maintenance and accommodation expenses (including a facilitated access to student accommodation at subsidized prices)
- Facilitating obtention of a French residence permit
- Full coverage of training costs
- Full social security coverage
- Help and assistance from Campus France and TotalEnergies throughout the stay in France
For any information on studying in France or on the documents you need to provide for your application, you can contact us at the following address:
[email protected], or talk to the person in charge of the Espace Campus France Uganda ([email protected]).
For information on French universities, please visit, https://www.campusfrance.org/en